Make delicious breakfasts or snacks with this recipe of oatmeal and almond pancakes!
Many people are discovering the disadvantages that wheat flour-based meals can have and their impact on health, especially for people who are celiac and gluten intolerant.
There are ways to replace wheat in meals, such as opting for base ingredients such as rice, whole grains, nuts and corn, but in the case of pancakes it is difficult to get that spongy flavor that characterizes them, and that we all love.
You must worry us! We teach you how to prepare practical and healthy pancakes without wheat flour that will make your mouth water.
OAT AND ALMOND PANCAKES
- Egg whites 3
- ½ cup of oatmeal powder preferably (flaked will also work)
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- Sweetener or honey to taste
- 2 teaspoons of white (cold) yogurt of your choice
- Make sure you have all the ingredients that you are going to use near you in the kitchen.
- Sift the almond flour as far as possible with a very clean metal strainer, and have it prepared in a bowl to use later.
- If you use oatmeal powder, you should also sift it and join it to the same bowl with the almond flour. If you use oat flakes, add them to the bowl without further ado.
- Use a home mixer to mix all the ingredients.
- First beat the egg whites in the blender for about 30 seconds and gradually incorporate the rest of the ingredients. Start with the sweet element, be it honey or sweetener, continue with the cold yogurt, and if you want to add nutmeg, cinnamon or vanilla extract to taste, this is the time to do it.
- Finally add little by little the almond flour and oats previously sifted.
- When you notice a homogeneous and well-incorporated mixture, stop the blender and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Take those minutes to heat a Teflon skillet on the burner. You can pass over a napkin with some margarine or oil if you wish, but the idea is that the Teflon helps the mixture not stick.
- With a ladle, pour the mixture into the pan over low heat, and turn them over when cooking with a spatula.
¡These easy recipes have few ingredients, but you can add them whatever you want to taste!
From cinnamon, raspberry or blueberry, to dark chocolate chips or a little protein powder to the mix. The important thing in deciding to be healthy is to transfer it to all aspects of our routine and take it as a lifestyle and not as an obligation.
So do not worry, choose combinations of flavors that you like and quality ingredients, and you will see that healthy recipes are also a pleasure.